Here at Marquis Roofing, we offer various roofing services. However, one particular area we take great pride in specializing in is metal roofing. Why? Well, when compared to traditional asphalt roofing, metal provides residential and commercial customers several benefits that many people don’t realize.
Because we have a strong commitment to educating our customers in making the best choice for their project, we’re taking this time to explore the benefits of metal roofing.
Metal roofing is more durable and lasts longer.
Generally, an asphalt roof lasts anywhere between 20 and 30 years. That number assumes proper installation, care, and maintenance, of course. On the other hand, metal can last 40 to 70 years, depending on the materials.
It can lower your energy costs.
Because of the natural reflective properties, metal helps to keep heating and cooling costs to a minimum. Let’s face it, who couldn’t use a lower energy bill each month? Furthermore, certain metal roof products contain reflective properties and have a blend of steel and alloy that give high emissivity properties. Thus, the material can release thermal energy away from the building envelope.
The New England winter season is more manageable with metal.
Living in New England, there is no avoiding the heavy snowstorms and ice buildup. As a home or business owner, you probably already know the complications that may occur with ice dams. With metal, snow and rain (so, ultimately ice) glide easily off the rooftop instead of gathering and causing potential costly damages.
A few more fun facts:
- Metal roofing panels weigh much less than its alternatives. Thus it is easier to install.
- Metal contains special coatings for unique environmental conditions.
- There is no residual runoff from the roof surface. Meaning water runoff is much healthier for the environment. Consumers often consider rain collection systems in addition to choosing a metal roof system.
- Roof installation is an excellent alternative to low slope roofing.
- Metal roofing is one of the best products for the installation of solar array systems.
- There are varying thicknesses available for use in high load conditions.
- This roofing lasts 3-4 times longer than most other roof systems.
- Metal is fire resistant.
- You don’t need a high-pitched roof to receive metal roofing solutions.
And there you have it. A whole article filled with reasons why residential and commercial customers should consider metal roofing. However, if you still have questions, remember our team at Marquis Roofing is always here to help! Feel free to reach out at any time and let our experts provide you with the honest answers you’re looking for (603) 848-1283.